Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Light We Share Book Review...


What difference does it make to have the light of the gospel in your life? To a twelve-year-old girl in post-World War II Germany, it made all the difference.
In this charming book, Sister Harriet R. Uchtdorf reflects on the power of heavenly light in her own life and recalls the joy it brought to her family during a dark and difficult time. "It was like a miracle," she explains as she describes how hope came back into their lives.
Discover how the light we share can make a life-changing difference to those whose lives we touch-as family members, leaders, missionaries, teachers, friends, and brothers and sisters in the gospel.


My Review:

I love President Uchtdorf and his sweet wife Harriet! This fantastic book really touched my family. It's great the blessings we receive as we are flexible and adjust our plans to His expectations of us. What a beautiful conversion story Sister Uchtdorf shares that will inspire all who read it!

Last November our son returned home from serving a mission in Brazil. Missionary stories always make us smile. I am truly grateful for the light of the gospel and the dear brothers and sisters that are willing to share their testimony with the world! Make sure to add The Light We Share to your must read list and it will also make a perfect gift!

About the Author:


HARRIET R. UCHTDORF received a bachelor’s degree in business administration in Frankfurt, Germany, and worked with the public transportation department prior to her marriage to Dieter F. Uchtdorf, who now serves as Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She has served in many callings in the Church and as an institute teacher in Frankfurt. She and her husband have two children and five grandchildren.

Disclaimer: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

6 comments:

Patti said...

I can't wait to read this!

Angela said...

Love this book review!!! Sounds a must read!!!

Shauna said...

Yes it is a must read Angela my family loves it!! :)

Tom said...

The Uchtdorf family is great we will have to get this

Trisha said...

Aweome (:

Nicole Warner said...

I want to get this for the mothers I know for Mother's Day. Thanks for telling me about it Shauna!