Friday, January 10, 2014

Does This Insecurity Make Me Look Fat? Book Review...



Why do clothing stores hang fun-house mirrors in their dressing rooms?

The laundry doesn’t cry when it’s not folded, so why should I?


Can I be confident even if an elevator calls me fat?


Michelle Wilson’s humorous yet poignant insights help women examine the limitations we place on ourselves out of insecurity and self-doubt. We have faith in God, but do we know that He has faith in us?

When we see ourselves with God’s eternal perspective, we can feel confident and whole—even in our imperfection. Just think what we might accomplish if we truly believe that we are more important than we know, stronger than we realize, and extraordinary in every way.


My Review...

This is such a beautiful uplifting book! I love all of the fantastic messages and thoughts about thinking of things on an eternal perspective. I am always talking to my family about the importance of perspective. Most of the chapters also include scripture references that are wonderful. One of my favorite chapters talks about understanding our relationship with God. Here's a fantastic quote by Jeffrey R. Holland from that chapter... "Every time we reach out, however feebly, for Him, we discover He has been anxiously trying to reach us." The pep talk at the end is great also! Michelle thank you for sharing your insights and for this amazing book, I love it! 

Disclaimer: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a must read!! =)

Shauna said...

It is Tracy you will love it!

Angela said...

Sounds like really great book!!! Thanks soo much for your review :)

Lynn Carter said...

I added it to my list thanks!

Amy said...

Love the title of this book!!!

Becky said...

I want to read this sounds really good!

Shauna said...

It is AMAZING love it :)

Pam said...

How great it includes scripture references I love when authors include those.

Michelle Wilson said...

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my book Shauna! I'm so glad you liked it, and I hope others will, too! Fun fact--those are my feet on the cover! :)

Shauna said...

Thank you Michelle!! I plan on buying some for gifts also and know it will bless the lives of those I give it to!! It is such a beautiful book and what cute feet you have!! ;)