Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gaze Into Heaven Book Review...


Gaze Into Heaven is a compilation of fifty documented near-death experiences of life beyond the veil, drawn from the early history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Filled with insight and inspiration, this book melds engrossing personal experiences with perceptive commentary, scripture, and quotes from latter-day Prophets. After reading this book, you won't ever think of life—or death—the same way.

I am really excited to be able and tell you all about the fantastic book A Gaze Into Heaven by Marlene Sullivan! I am honored to have been asked to be a part of this blog tour!

What a fantastic idea for a book! I really enjoyed reading the personal experiences. This incredible book answers many questions about what will happen when we die. Did someone meet you? What does the Spirit World look like? What do people do there? Do spirits there know what is happening on earth? What did people who had near-death experiences learn from their visit? All of these questions and many more are answered in Gaze Into Heaven. 

I love these quotes below about the spirit world being nearby...

"Where is the spirit world?" Brigham Young asked. He then answered his own question: "It is right here...If the Lord would permit it, and it was His will that it should be done, you could see the spirits that have departed from this world, as plainly as you now see bodies with your natural eyes."

The Prophet Joseph Smith, when speaking of loved ones, also said the spirit world is close by, saying, "They are not far from us."

As mortals, we cannot see the spirit world, because there is a veil over our eyes that renders that sphere invisible. What a blessing and comfort to know that our dear loved ones are close to us.

Not only did I find reading this book very interesting it also warmed my heart and brought me an extremely peaceful outlook on life after death! I love the scriptures throughout this phenomenal book as well!

There are other books about modern day near-death experiences, but this book is the first about those that took place in early church history. Anyone who reads about these amazing near-death experiences will be changed! I highly recommend Gaze Into Heaven and it would also make a perfect gift!

Gaze Into Heaven is also available at Deseret and Seagull Bookstores, as well as other LDS bookstores.

Amazon: Click HERE
Deseret Book: Click HERE
Seagull Book: Click HERE

Visit Marlene Bateman's website here: www.marlenebateman.info

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

12 comments:

Vicky Lowe said...

Sounds fascinating!

Shauna said...

It is very fascinating Vicky! :)

Lynn said...

Experiences like these always interest me. I will ask for it for Mother's Day! Thanks Shauna for telling me about it.

Shauna said...

Lynn perfect idea for a Mother's Day gift!

Angela said...

Love this book already and I haven't even read it!!!! Thanks for this beautiful review :)

Shauna said...

Angela it really is a great book to read! ;)

Matt said...

I enjoy reading books like this

Shauna said...

I do also Matt and Marlene Sullivan does an awesome job with this one! It's a must read that I couldn't put down! :)

Rob said...

This sounds pretty interesting. I want to go pick it up.

Shauna said...

You'll be glad you did pick one up Rob it's wonderful!

Kathy said...

Gaze into Heaven is now added to my must read list thanks Shauna!

Shauna said...

You're welcome Kathy you'll really enjoy this book!