Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Parenting With Spiritual Power Book Review...


“I wish children came with an instruction manual!” How many times have we heard this lament by a frustrated or overwhelmed parent? Perhaps we have said these words (or thought them) ourselves. There are “how to” manuals for practically anything: installing a new faucet, building a remote control car, baking an apple pie, refinishing an antique chair, or assembling a bicycle. Is there a formula or a perfect manual for raising children? Yes! The scriptures. 

In Parenting with Spiritual Power, Julie Nelson encourages you to crack open the manual and examine the lives and parenting principles of scriptural mothers and fathers. Discover powerful examples from figures like Adam and Eve, Moses, and the Brother of Jared along with suggestions for personal application in this essential book.


There are many wonderful examples shared in this fantastic book! I really enjoyed discussing each chapter with my hubby as we read it together. I also love the conclusion and discussion questions at the end of the book. Parenting with Spiritual Power is very uplifting and full of encouragement. 

Being a mom of three precious boys I'm so thankful Heavenly Father provided the scriptures as a spiritual road map to help us with raising children. Julie K. Nelson thank you for this beautifully written book that my whole family loves! What an incredible idea to examine the lives of parents in the scriptures and the parenting principles we can learn from them. 

Visit Julie's website here for links to all of the great places you can get this incredible must read!


DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.* 

10 comments:

Patty Moore said...

Sounds wonderful thanks for the review Shauna! (:

Linda said...

You are right what a PERFECT idea for a book! Great gift book for parents as well!

Mandy Johnson said...

I am always looking for a new good parenting book! Awesome thanks for letting me know about this one! :)

Randy M. said...

Brilliant can't wait to read it!

Lisa said...

Neat I have heard good things about this book

Lisa said...

Added it to my list

Greta S. said...

Love the title Parenting with Spiritual Power!!!

Anonymous said...

The scriptures are so powerful and great to turn to for examples I agree.

Mathew said...

Does sound great

Angela said...

Love this book review (: thank you!