Friday, March 1, 2013

The Continuous Conversion Review...


Brad Wilcox follows up The Continuous Atonement arguing that God is not just proving His children, but improving them.
Author Brad Wilcox’s argues that one of the grand miracles of the Atonement is not only of cleansing and consoling, but also one of transformation. He makes his case in his latest work through simple yet powerful analogies and moving personal experiences. 

The Continuous Conversion re-examines the process of change. In one analogy from the book, Wilcox asks if when a person is learning to play the piano, are the only two possible outcomes performing at Carnegie Hall and quitting? Similarly, in mortality, are the only two choices being perfect or giving up? His answer to both is a resounding “no.”

"Growth and development take time,” writes Wilcox. “Learning takes practice. Discipleship is a journey, and true conversion is a continuous process."

In this follow-up to The Continuous Atonement, Wilcox shares his keen understanding and testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ as it relates to conversion. Conversion occurs, he says, "when we stop trying to earn heaven and start trying to learn it...As we take each little step to show faith, repent, make and live covenants, and endure to the end, we are not paying our way into heaven. We are practicing for it."

My Review:

First let me start with a story from the book I love...

I once heard a Primary child sing, "I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Saturday Saints." The more I thought about this child's little mistake, the more I liked the message. This is not a Sunday-only church. We need to be Saturday Saints, Monday Saints, Tuesday Saints, and all the rest. 

This is an excellent follow up of Brad Wilcox’s other book The Continuous Atonement. I love the powerful stories and examples that Brad shares in this book. They really touched me and helped bring me closer to Christ. Each chapter includes scriptures that I enjoyed looking up as well. The Continuous Conversion left me feeling uplifted and spiritually full. This is a must read and will also make a fantastic gift!

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.* 

12 comments:

Ben said...

This sound really good

Patty said...

I love Brad Wilcox! I am going to ask for this book for my birthday this month.

Trina said...

Books that include scriptures in each chapter are wonderful

Amy Thompson said...

Thanks for this review. I liked that you said it brought you closer to Christ. I added it to my list of must reads. :)

Shelley said...

I would love to read this!

Melinda said...

It's great that I can always count on you Shauna to learn about new amazing books out! I am going to buy this one for sure!

Nicole Johnson said...

I'm really excited to hear Brad Wilcox has another book out! This would be wonderful for Mother's Day gifts! =)

Greta said...

Wow sounds great

Lisa Cramer said...

Nothing better than a good book to curl up with on a cold day like it is here.

Angela said...

Love Brad Wilcox's cds and this book I'm sure is great too!!! Thank you for such a great review

Sondra said...

Looks like a book I'd enjoy reading. I also love Brad Wilcox!

Beth said...

I love books like this!!!