Thursday, January 3, 2013

Band of Sisters: Coming Home Review...


I am super excited to tell you about a wonderful new book out called Band of Sisters: Coming Home!

In Annette's first book Band of Sisters knowing the separation of deployment is extremely difficult, Nora gathers the wives every week to share lunches and burdens. In good company, they worry over safety in the field and stability at home and offer one another counsel and comfort. But as their personal crises build, each woman faces the risks of forming deep bonds of trust. And when tragedy strikes, they must confront the painful realities of war that pull families apart and bring friends together as sisters.

Band of Sisters: Coming Home is a great sequel where five women must draw upon their bond of friendship and faith to find the strength, courage, and insight needed to move forward when their soldiers come home. I loved this book and found it very touching and inspiring! Each character sparkles and made me smile. The support given to each other as friends is awesome. Even the hardest of trials cannot break this loyal band of sisters! If you haven't had a chance to read these books I highly recommend them. They are both fantastic!!

Annette Lyon, the 2007 Best of State medalist for fiction in Utah, has been writing for most of her life. While she’s found success in magazine and business writing, her true passion is fiction. She graduated cum laude from BYU with a BA in English. She served on the Utah Valley chapter board for the League of Utah Writers for three years, including one as president.

I have had the privilege of hanging out with Annette in person! She is AMAZING and a great friend! Her talents are incredible and she's such an excellent example to all! Thanks so much for writing another book that really touched my heart Annette! :) 

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.* 

8 comments:

Patty Moore said...

Wow this does sound touching. I added both of these book to my must read list. Thanks Shauna for the excellent review and telling me about them!

Matt said...

Being a husband that has been deployed I am thankful for an Author that would write these books. What a great gift they will make for my wife.

Lisa said...

I read the first one and I'm excited to read this one soon!

Vicky Turner said...

Sounds great =)

Travis said...

Wonderful idea for a book

Angela said...

Thanks soo much for review! Love friendship between these women! Would love to read these books!

Nicole said...

Sisterhood is the BEST :)

Melinda said...

Both of the Band of Sisters books sound intriguing!!