Monday, November 19, 2012

Jenny Oaks Baker Noel CD Review...

 

My favorite violinist Jenny Oaks Baker has a new Christmas CD out called Noel: Carols of Christmas Past! 

 

This folksy collection of Christmas songs with roots deep in European culture is amazing! 

 

Tracklist:


  • We Three Kings
  • Oiche Chiuin (Silent Night) featuring Alex Sharpe
  • Patapan featuring Kitka
  • In the Bleak Midwinter
  • O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
  • Ding Dong Merrily on High
  • Wexford Carol featuring Alex Sharpe
  • Angels We Have Heard on High
  • The Holly and the Ivy
  • Carol of the Bells featuring Kitka
  •  

    Click here to listen to a sample of the songs!


    Jenny Oaks Baker is one of America’s most accomplished classical violinists. She began playing the violin at age four, and made her solo debut in 1983 when she was only eight years old. She received a bachelor’s degree in violin performance from the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia and a Master of Music degree from the Juilliard School in New York City. Jenny has performed throughout the world and as a soloist with such orchestras as the National Symphony, Utah Symphony, San Diego Symphony, and the Jerusalem Symphony. 

    I have been listening to this beautiful CD a ton and I love it! I am thankful for Jenny, she is a sweetheart and so very talented. Her music brings such joy into our home. I love listening to her play the violin. I've met her a few times and also watched her play in person as well. When you are in the same room as her playing you can feel the energy radiate throughout the room! This CD is perfect to add to your Christmas collection! It will also make a fantastic gift :)


     

    DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*  

    10 comments:

    Beth said...

    I can't wait to hear this new CD!

    Nicole Gund said...

    Thanks for the wonderful review Shauna! My daughter plays the violin and really looks up to Jenny. Looks like I found the perfect stocking stuffer for her ;)

    Rob said...

    I like how peaceful and relaxing the violin is.

    Tammy Brown said...

    Oh sweet, I would love this (:

    Vicky Lowe said...

    I agree with you Jenny's music is incredible!!

    Christy said...

    Christmas music is my fav

    Angela said...

    I love this cd!!! :) perfect for Christmas time. She has amazing talent! Beautiful violinist

    Todd said...

    Sounds great

    Tracy said...

    Music is such an excellent way to bring the spirit of Christmas!

    Christine May said...

    Added to my list check