Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas in Bliss and Christmas Spirit Review....

It's Christmas Eve, and Nikki Michaels is on the last leg of her drive to celebrate the holidays at home. Though Christmas doesn't quite hold the same magic it did when she was younger, Nikki's idea of a merry Christmas is sharing in the festivities with her family in Salt Lake City—so when blizzard conditions force her off the snow-packed freeway in a middle-of-nowhere Idaho town called Bliss, she finds her situation anything but blissful. Snowed in at a rest stop with a small band of strangers, Nikki finds kinship in a fellow traveler who helps her find the magic of Christmas again and spread the spirit of the season to other stranded travelers. Christmas in Bliss is a heartwarming holiday tale that is sure to inspire readers with the hope and happiness found in the true meaning of Christmas. 

This wonderful booklet Christmas in Bliss by Michele Ashman Bell is awesome! It made me smile as the strangers showed love to each other. I liked that they even sang Christmas songs together which helped bring calmness. Having a positive outlook really can be a blessing in a difficult situation. I really love this inspiring story!


Enjoy rich holiday memories with this heartwarming collection of true Christmas stories from favorite LDS authors—everyday people who have received tidings of comfort and joy. From miraculous to dramatic, profound to heartwarming, this touching anthology will fill your soul with lighthearted surprises, faith-affirming treasures, and thought-provoking insights about the greatest gift of all. This delightful keepsake book will have you looking back with affection to your own favorite Christmas memories as you are reminded that the Christmas spirit can—and should last more than one day. 
  • "Christmas Coins" by Sarah M. Eden
  • "Given" by Josi S. Kilpack
  • "Parting Gifts" by Melanie Jacobson
  • "Do Not Try to Make This Gift" by Joni Hilton
  • "Christmas Treasure" by Michele Ashman Bell
  • "Sugar Cookies and the True Meaning of Christmas" by Andy Horton
  • "The Place Where the Christmas Spirit Abounds Year Round" by GG Vandagriff
  • "The Kitty Cat Christmas" by Karen Tuft
  • "Faith and Miracles" by Deanna Buxton
  • "Finding Rudolph" by Tiffany Fletcher
  • "The Best Worst Christmas Ever" by Matthew Christiansen
I am super excited that Christmas Spirit: A Collection of Inspiring True Christmas Stories  is written by several of my favorite authors! I really enjoyed reading each one of the stories. They are uplifting and warm your heart. My family loves getting together on Christmas Eve and reading stories. I plan to share some from this great book throughout the next few years. 
 

Both of these amazing books will make the perfect gift and will be sure to bring the Christmas Spirit!



Michele Ashman Bell is not only a fantastic author but also a precious, beautiful friend of mine as well! Michele you are such an incredible example and inspiration and I love you tons! Thank you so very much for blessing others lives by sharing your beautiful talents! Thank you also for the donations for my Serving Others This Holiday Season project!

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*  

12 comments:

Nicole Gund said...

Wow Shauna both of these books sound amazing! Thanks for telling me about them.

Patty said...

I love true inspiring Christmas stories!!!

Christine May said...

You are correct these both are great gift ideas ;)

Todd said...

Cool I am going to get them both for my wife who loves to read.

Lori Bowles said...

Thanks for the review, I love the wonderful pictures! Christmas is my favorite time of the year (:

Vicky Lowe said...

Fun I can't wait to read them!

Becky said...

Shauna, I always can count on you for helping me find new uplifting stories thank you =)

Melissa Thomas said...

Both sound wonderful! My Dad dresses up as Santa every year and reads stories to groups of children at our stake center. I am going to buy these for him to use!

Tracy said...

I am for sure going to check these out thanks girlfriend!

Lisa said...

Great review thanks, I collect Christmas stories!

Shelli said...

Books like these are blessings for sure!

Angela said...

What a super review!!! :) and I really liked the pic ;) I too love Christmas stories. These books are perfect for reading at this time of year and throughout :)