Monday, November 26, 2012

An Unlikely Match Book Review...


It isn't every day an impoverished young gentleman inherits a sizable fortune and an estate. Nickolas Pritchard, not only impoverished and young, but a gentleman as well, felt his luck acutely the day just such a remarkable inheritance fell upon him.

The future has never looked brighter for once penniless Nickolas Pritchard. Now in possession of an unforeseen legacy from a distant cousin, he can finally woo the exquisite Miss Castleton, belle of the London Season. What better setting for matchmaking than Ty Mynydd, his ancestral home nestled in the untamed hills of Wales? Ideal, indeed . . . except for the ghost.

For nearly four hundred years, Gwen has walked the halls of the home in which she lived — and died a mysterious death. But despite centuries as the reigning force within her ancient residence, nothing prepares her for the charm and unexpected appeal of Englishman Nickolas. A deep and abiding affection grows between the two, tempered by the unbreakable barrier that separates them. They cannot possibly hope for a happily ever after. there can be no future between a man yet living and a woman long dead.

But how can Nickolas possibly give Gwen up? And how can Gwen face an eternity without Nickolas?

I really enjoyed reading An Unlikely Match! It was different than I expected and great. This novel really kept my interest. I enjoyed the characters, suspense and romance. Sarah is a talented and incredible author! This book is a must read with a fun twist that you won't want to miss! What a great Christmas or anytime gift this would make as well :) 

Sarah M. Eden read her first Jane Austen novel in elementary school and has been an Austen Addict ever since. Fascinated by the Regency era in English history, Eden became a regular in the Regency section of the reference department at her local library, painstakingly researching this extraordinary chapter in history. Eden is an award-winning author of short stories and has been a Whitney Award Finalist for her novels Seeking Persephone (2008) and Courting Miss Lancaster (2010). You can visit her site here.

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*  

9 comments:

Nicole Brown said...

Sounds interesting just added it to my list of must reads.

Cynthia W. said...

A ghost? Heck ya! I am off to buy it. Thanks Shauna for another awesome review ;)

Vicky said...

I love books like this with a twist and that are different!

Pam Menlove said...

You are right this would make a perfect Christmas gift! My Mum will love it thanks!

Sandra said...

Sweet another fun book to check out! Gotta love them Ghost stories!

Angela said...

Great review :)thanks soo much :) love books with a twist

Devin said...

Cool my wife would like this

Tammy Anderson said...

Hmm sounds great! Thanks for telling me about this book Shauna (:

Cozy in Texas said...

I'll add these to my TBR list. Love the covers.
Ann