Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Sisterhood of Strength Book Review...



Experience for yourself the pure love that inspires ordinary women to serve and accept service in a truly extraordinary manner. This inspiring collection of true stories from the lives of women just like you is told with heartwarming sincerity. Perfect for sharing, this remarkable book is sure to uplift, encourage, and cheer any woman, whether it’s her turn to serve or be served.

President Monson has repeatedly expressed that even in our busy, bustling lives, “it’s the service that counts.” And no one knows that better than the quiet, humble women of the Relief Society. Working together, faithful women form a sisterhood of service, selflessness, and ultimately strength to share with each other and the entire world.

On each page of this remarkable book, you’ll find words of wisdom and beauty that are sure to encourage and uplift you, whether it’s your turn to serve or be served. Told with heartwarming sincerity, A Sisterhood of Strength will have women everywhere rejoicing in the friendship of their own dear, loving sisters.


I am so excited to be a part of this blog tour! What a great idea to have several beautiful sisters share their true stories. The quotes and thoughts included in this book are awesome! Here is one of my personal favorites...

"One person can make a difference. Each one of you has unique gifts. Use your gifts to serve others. As we walk in His light, we become women of courage and conviction. We become women of vision, women of destiny, and women of eternal value. We are a world-wide circle of sisters." ~Mary Ellen Smoot

I found this powerful book to be so motivating! I loved reading the personal stories and seeing how earthly angels answered prayers and blessed others lives. I believe service truly unfolds miracles right before our eyes! This fantastic book is a must read and will also make a perfect gift! 

Thank you so very much Diony George and Cedar Fort for the incredible book...A Sisterhood of Strength!!

Places you can purchase this amazing book...


Author Bio:

Diony George is a wife, stay-at-home mom of seven, grandmother of two, a motivational speaker, and the author of three books. Through her writing and public speaking she loves helping others draw closer God. An avid reader whose favorite genre is romantic suspense, Diony also loves to travel, sew, and bake—especially pies and homemade bread. Born and raised in Alaska, she currently resides in Salt Lake City with her husband and family. Mrs. George can be reached through her personal website at... http://www.dionygeorge.com

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

8 comments:

Melinda P. said...

Sounds like a beautiful book Shauna! Thanks for the review.

Shelley said...

I am off to go buy this now. Actually 2 of them, one for me and one for my mom! We just adore books like this :)

Amanda Johnson said...

I can always count on Book Giveaways to give me a book to add to my must read next list. Thanks!

Matt said...

Cool idea for my wife. I was looking for something to give her for her birthday next week.

Wanda said...

Wonderful review! Sisterhood is something dear to my heart!

Belinda said...

I love that quote also that you shared thanks. This book looks wonderful :)

Patty said...

You are right Shauna, a must read thank you for all you do!

Diony said...

Thanks for the review Shauna!