Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Perfect Brightness of Hope Review...



I was excited to be able to review A Perfect Brightness of Hope by Author David S. Baxter.

In A Perfect Brightness of Hope, author David S. Baxter outlines the steps necessary to effectively draw upon the light and hope that Christ can offer.

Based on his real-life experiences of a disruptive childhood, a family breakdown, financial trials, and a life-threatening illness, Elder Baxter attests that hope can be obtained and can provide a means whereby individuals who are burdened with despair may look to a brighter future. A Perfect Brightness of Hope seeks to shed light and understanding to those that are burdened with life’s demanding challenges.

I love this book! One of my favorite parts was when it talks about how humility is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign of spiritual strength. I found the personal stories very moving! I also really enjoyed the peace, love and encouragement I felt as I read this book! Thank you Desert Book and David S. Baxter for sharing this powerful and beautifully written book!

Through Elder Baxter's words and stories in A Perfect Brightness of Hope, you will find empathy, understanding, spirit-lifting counsel, and—most of all—real, lasting hope in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
This awesome book will be in Deseret Book stores and other select retailers June 12 just in time for Father's Day!
DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

6 comments:

Ted said...

Sounds really good thanks for the review. I know my Dad would love this for Father's Day.

Beth said...

Oh wow I would love to read this!

Angela said...

Found this review very good. He mentions family break-down which I can relate to and being burdened with despair I can also relate to with my Bi-polar mental condition!!! Perfect Brightness of Hope is a book I would love.

He talks about empathy, understanding ans Spirit-lifting!!! And hope in Jesus Christ. Thanks for sharing your opinions about this book.

Rob said...

This sounds like a good book. I can't wait to read it.

Mindy said...

Another amazing review thanks Shauna! I added this to my must buy list. Have a super week.

Victoria said...

Great review thank you