Friday, April 6, 2012

Motherhood Matters Review...

Being an outstanding mother doesn't have to be so complicated. In this age where women are expected to work full-time, raise a family, be a taxi driver for the children, and be the perfect wife and mother, Mom Rules brings a welcome simplicity to our daily decisions about mothering. Written with clarity, concision, and wit, this indispensable handbook lays out a set of straightforward, memorable rules for mothering wisely.

With Mother's Day coming in May I was excited to review this fantastic book! I found it very uplifting and love the humor in it. I love the part that said..."Just for today, put on a little lipstick and play hopscotch with your children-in your stretchy pants." I'm going to highlight that in my book. Then the next time my boys give me a hard time about wearing comfy clothes, I will show it to them and say... see it's ok :) I also enjoyed the part that talked about how as mothers, we women need each other. It said "Friendship is the leaven that makes the loaf of motherhood rise again and again." So true and beautifully said! This book is one of my new favorites and what a perfect idea for a Mother's Day gift!

Thank you Connie E. Sokol and Cedar Fort for the amazing book!

DISCLAIMER: *I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.*

5 comments:

Cami said...

Your review just gave me an excellent idea of what to give my Mom for Mother's Day now, thanks Shauna!

Melissa said...

Sounds great!

Angela said...

Love this review!!! (: thanks for your thoughts on it!!! Perfect Mother's Day gift ♥ I love small uplifting books! I know mum's will love this book.

Patty said...

Love the part about friendship. I am excited to read Motherhood Matters now.

Wanda said...

My son gave me this book for a early B-day gift and wow great inspiring read!