Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hello, Cupcake Book Review...

I got to review this great cupcake book! It has the cutest ideas for holidays and even baby showers! This is a great book to have on hand!

Witty, one-of-a-kind imaginative cupcake designs using candies from the local convenience store.

America's favorite food photography team, responsible for the covers of America's top magazines, shows how to create funny, scary, and sophisticated masterpieces, using a zipper lock bag and common candies and snack items.With these easy-to-follow techniques, even the most kitchen-challenged cooks can make them.

Raise a big-top circus cupcake tier for a kid's birthday. Plant candy vegetables on Oreo earth cupcakes for a garden party. Serve sausage and pepperoni pizza cupcakes for April Fool's Day. Bewitch trick-or-treaters with chilly ghost chocolate cupcakes. Create holidays on icing with turkey cupcake place cards, a white cupcake Christmas wreath, and Easter egg cupcakes.

No baking skills or fancy pastry equipment is required. Spotting the familiar items in the hundreds of brilliant photos is at least half the fun.

21 comments:

Mary said...

Cool! I am going to check this out! I love cupcakes!

Brenda said...

Looks great!

perilloparodies said...

OH! I am overwhelmed by the very cuteness of it!!! so seriously would love this book. :-)

JK said...

I would love to have this! I have lots of little girl birthdays ahead of me! :)

DV-Becca said...

that does look fun!

Misty K. said...

My daughter loves cupcakes-and wants to be a chef! This book would be great for her.

Misty K. said...

I follow

Lisa said...

Cute cupcakes book!

Melissa said...

I've heard of this book and it looks like so much fun!

Midday Escapades said...

This book looks awesome and I like the "No baking skills or fancy pastry equipment is required".

Midday Escapades said...

I am a follower and I love your site!

Danette said...

YUM cupcakes!

LyndiLou said...

How much fun is just the cover!!! I bet the other designs are just as fun! Awesome!

Marilyn said...

Those are the cutest "puppycakes" I've ever seen.

Jolynn_Reads said...

My teen daughter and I would like this book.

Jolynn said...

I follow you & so does everyone else!

Shimmy Mom said...

I saw this at the store the other day and came SO close to grabbing it. Now I'm going to have to go back and get it.

Kado! said...

i ♥ cupcakes...i bet you had fun...what great ideas!

Jess and Jen said...

I checked this one out from the library this summer. It is a FUN book to look at..my girls looked at it for hours! I make the bowling pins and bowling ball cupcakes...so fun!

SewCalGal said...

This book certainly looks like fun and would help make some great items to take to homes, work, etc. to share.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Annette said...

I would love to give this to my MIL. What fun! Thanks for sharing!